Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Min and Max values for page break
psgrugby
<p>I have a list report that I can break after each group or I can break at the end of each page, both options work fine. The problem is that some of the groups only have 1 or 2 detail lines, I would like to set a minimum number of lines before a page break and of course a maximum number of lines. I am trying to prevent Groups of 1 entry from appearing on a page by itself.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>BTW... doesn't this forum have a search tool by Topic?</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
pricher
<p>Hi,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Assuming you can sort your data set by the column used for grouping, you could add an extra grouping level on rownum above your existing group and use a fixed interval to fire off a page break based on rownum. Setting the new group would look like this:</p>
<p> </p>
<p>
psgrugby
<p>Thanks. That is a perfect answer; simple, straight-forward, and even included an example report.</p>