Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
chart labels
sureshpulapalli
<p>Hi,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Is there a way to limit the number of data labels on x-Axis? ex:display only 3 or 4 labels (one first, last and middle). The first and last labels will be displayed always.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>The limit is only for labels and all data points should be plotted.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Chart Type: SVG</p>
<p>Birt Version: Actuate BIRT Designer Professional </p>
<div>Version: 4.4.0</div>
<p> </p>
<p>I attached the sample report. Parameter(daysRequired) for number of days to generate categories for x-axis</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks</p>
<p>Suresh</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
pricher
<p>Hi,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Before using scripting to do this, have you considered using an HTML5 chart with a Timeline Bottom Slider? This is a better way to display time series on the X-Axis. The chart on the right in the attached report sample shows one example.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Otherwise, if you need to use SVG, here's a link to a previous post:</p>
<p><a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://developer.actuate.com/community/forum/index.php?/topic/35319-how-to-show-first-and-last-label-in-x-axis/'>http://developer.actuate.com/community/forum/index.php?/topic/35319-how-to-show-first-and-last-label-in-x-axis/</a></p>
;
<p> </p>
<p>P.</p>
harish049
<p>Hi,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I'm working on a similar scenario. I'm using birt 2.6.2 to develop the chart. </p>
<p>The thread you posted displays the first and last values through the aggregation which you added in the grid. But I have a lot of values that would be displayed on the x-axis. The last value isn't appearing if I use the code from your working example 1 (ShowFirstLastLabelChart). I need the first and last values to be displayed with a minimum number of labels to be displayed between them. Let's say a number of 8 to 12, so that while displaying, all the labels will not pop up and I still have the first and last values to show.</p>
<p>The data points should not be limited. All the data points should be plotted.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Can you please let me know the scripting that I needed to use in order to achieve it?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks,</p>
<p>harish049<br>
</p>