Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Adjusting row height and text wrapping dynamically
manish.sarin
<p>Hi,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I am using BIRT to generate excel reports.</p>
<p>I am facing an issue with text wrapping.</p>
<p>We have a long text in one of the cell which we want to wrap.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Using Properties Editor in design view I am able to wrap the text but same is not visible because height of the row remains the same.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I want to adjust the height of the row dynamically based on the text.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Any pointers to resolve this issue.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I am using BIRT 2.X</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks in advance</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Manish Kumar</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Matthew L.
<p>This can occur if your table's row Height property is set with a value.</p>
<p>Try selecting the table row -> Properties -> General -> Height and remove the value listed in the Height box.</p>
<p>Then save and re-run the design.</p>
<p>This should auto-adjust the row height for text wrapping in the cell.</p>
manish.sarin
<p>Hi Matthew,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks for your response.</p>
<p>This setting is working for me in normal cells but not working in merged cells.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Any pointers how to get this sorted in merged cells?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks,</p>
<p>Manish</p>
Matthew L.
<p>Attached is a quick test I did with version 2.6.2 and it seems to work for me.</p>
<p>What specific version of BIRT are you using?</p>
<p>Or, could you attach an example that replicates what you are seeing?</p>