Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Cross Tab Report w/ Grouping & Sub-Grouping w/ Grand Totals
futbolfrank
<p>Hello All,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I have created a Cross Tab report in BIRT which takes some data, groups it once by category, and sums the quantity (count) and cost according an associated year w/ Grand Totals. (is essentially the green shaded part of the attachment)</p>
<p>However, I am now trying to extend that report to further detail with multiple groupings and associated Grand Totals.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I have my data listed as such and would like the cross tab to output as demonstrated in the attachment.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>For my 1st iteration of the report, since there was only 1 group on the left/per row, I performed the grouping / count() / sum() in the SQL and was able to use a Data Cube w/ 2 groupings and 2 summary fields.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>However, I've haven't done that to this data yet since there multiple groupings/types of summing.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>How should I set up my data cube and cross tab to perform this?</p>
<p>I am using BIRT Version 2.6.1</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thank You in advance.</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
futbolfrank
<p>All,</p>
<p>This was achieved by using the Sub-Total aggregration (was unware of this capability at the time) and adding a Count expression on the row name to the Summary Field in the Data Cube.</p>
<p> </p>