Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Using multiple database in one datasource
RRK
<p>Hi,<br>
I have attached two images from which 'One_DB.jpg' show connectivity with one database which works fine when I use query in data set.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>But in my second attached image 'two_DB.jpg' I tried to use two database in one datasource, so that I can use both databases in my query at data set level.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>But when I use query against second database "PQR" then the query fails as it doesnt connect to it.<br>
Is this syntax wrong : jdbc:xyz//abc.co.xy/DATABASE=LMN,PQR ?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>LMN and PQR : database names</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Attached images are from connection profile which ultimately I will use in datasources.<br>
BIRT desginer used is : 4.4.0</p>
<p>Thanks in advance!!!!!</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
micajblock
<p>Unless your database specifically supports such a URL (which I doubt) this is not a valid URL. Using multiple databases in a single query will depend on your database and JDBC implementation. Some databases support connecting to one database and then you can reference the second database in the query itself. </p>
RRK
<p>Thanks Mica...
</p>