Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Null values on x-series on a bar chart
Marie99
<p>Hello all,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I would like to submit the following problem :</p>
<p> <br>
I have a report defined with :</p>
<p> </p>
<p>1) a table containing data grouped by the value of an item :</p>
<p> </p>
<p>select count(item1), item2</p>
<p>from table group by item2 </p>
<p> </p>
<p>where item1 is an identification code and item2 an alphabetic code. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>2) a bar chart plotted with :</p>
<p> </p>
<p>X series -> row ["item2"]</p>
<p>Y series -> row ["count(item2"]</p>
<p> </p>
<p>This works fine as shown in figure 1-1.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Now instead of the alphabetic code i want to display the corresponding texte on the x-axis. This is what I've done :</p>
<p> </p>
<p>In Edit Chart -> Select Data Tab -> Category X Series Field, i entered the following expression :</p>
<p> </p>
<p>if (row["item2"] == "W1") {"mail"}</p>
<p>if (row["item2"] == "W2") {"fax"}</p>
<p>if (row["item2"] == W3") {phone}</p>
<p>if (row["item2"] == "W4") {"letter"}</p>
<p>if (row["item2"] == "P") {"partner"}</p>
<p>.....</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I have also disabled the grouping option in Edit "Group and sorting".</p>
<p> </p>
<p>My problem :</p>
<p>The text is displayed only for values starting with "W" (like W1, ...W4). There is a null for all others. See figure 1-2 below.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I'm not familiar with java, so could this be fixed in xml source ?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks in advance for any suggestion.</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
There are no comments yet