Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Need displayText of report parameters with reports running on server
Lynxfox
<p>Hi,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I've been searching for quite a while now, but still haven't found a simple solution to this.</p>
<p>What I'm trying to do is build a first page for a large number of reports that will display what kind of values for parameters the report was built with. I'd like to solve this inside Birt.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Questions:</p>
<p> </p>
<p>a) Is there a function to check if a parameter exists and/or is hidden or not (based on this I would be displaying or hiding a row with that parameter's description)?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>b ) How do I get the displayText of parameter that will not return 'null' when run on server? <span style="color:rgb(0,0,0);font-family:'Open Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;font-size:13px;background-color:rgb(244,244,244);">reportContext.getParameterDisplayText("ParmName") </span>obviously doesn't get the job done here.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks in advance.</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
micajblock
<p>I guess you did not search the right words.
</p>
<p> </p>
<p><a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://developer.actuate.com/community/forum/index.php?/files/file/918-automatically-display-all-parameters/'>http://developer.actuate.com/community/forum/index.php?/files/file/918-automatically-display-all-parameters/</a></p>
;