Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
One customer, all products, and then next customer
maishin
<p>Hi</p>
<p>I'm fairly new to BIRT and get confused by its behavior...</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I'm making a report which has one parent table, and 9 child tables(one child table resides in one detail row of the parent).</p>
<p>The parent header shows the customer name, customer ID, date, and also the title for the child tables.</p>
<p>The 9 child tables represent trades for 9 different products, and have different design. Page break will be inserted at the end of each table.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>So the final output will be:</p>
<p>Header(parent table)</p>
<p>Customer A</p>
<p>Product 1(table 1)</p>
<p>Prodcut 2(table 2)</p>
<p>Product 3(table 3)</p>
<p>....</p>
<p>and when it showed all trades for all products, it shows Customer B and goes on until all the customers are output.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Current status of my report:</p>
<p>Parent table - Grouped with Client name(taken from trade data)</p>
<p>Child tables - Nested inside the parent table's detail row. Grouped with Client name and using a parameter to be linked to the parent table's client name so only the client's order information is displayed</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I have two major problem with the current report design:</p>
<p> </p>
<p>1. Sometimes a customer has nothing to do with a certain product. In that case the report should skip it and go to the next product.</p>
<p>But with my limited BIRT knowledge, I cannot properly hide the the product's child table, and the parent table header. What I've managed so far is to hide the child table(but not the parent header), or hide the both but still blank page was displayed.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>2. The same customer's trades appear several times</p>
<p>Same customer's trades are displayed again and again. There is no duplication in the data itself, so probably the grouping or linking are incorrect.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I have made two groups in the parent table, one is Client name and the other is Product. But when it's output to PDF, it was grouped with the Product(ex. Product 1 - Customer A, B, C but it should be Custmer A - Product 1, 2, 3). And I ended up getting a lot of blank pages.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I appreciate your input.</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
maishin
<p>This matter is solved.</p>
<p>I used SQL Distinct function to solve the problem with duplicated customer name,</p>
<p>and by doing that, the visibility issue seems have been also solved.</p>