Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Data Driven Drawings
nt4boy
<p>Hi,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Is it possible to create on the report, simple drawings, eg lines, square shapes and text where the length of the lines, sizes of the squares and the text in these drawings are driven by the values in the data set?</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
micajblock
<p>This might help</p>
<p><a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://developer.actuate.com/community/forum/index.php?/files/file/904-adding-dynamic-svg-graphics/'>http://developer.actuate.com/community/forum/index.php?/files/file/904-adding-dynamic-svg-graphics/</a></p>
;
Clement Wong
<p>If your target is web view only, you can use the values from the data set to render bar charts using DIV tags.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>The attached design illustrates this technique, which works both in OS and commercial BIRT. It was used render a few of the bar charts in the Election Tracker application (@ <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href=''>
http://electiontracker.us). </a>The
Election Tracker also uses HTML5 Charts and Custom Visualizations found in commercial BIRT.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>The entire Election Tracker solution leverages OpenText InfoFusion to process the text, and OpenText Information Hub (iHub) to provide secure, scalable visualization of data.</p>
nt4boy
<p>Thanks Guys,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>In a perfect world I'd like to get the sketches into a pdf doc for printing, but I'll try and walk before I run and test out your ideas.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I'll let you know how I get on.</p>
micajblock
<p>The DevShare I pointed to should work in PDF as it creates an image.</p>