<div>So I've got my sqlite report pointing at a database on a remote server.</div>
<div>I have a list box parameter that is present when the report is run and drops down to make the initial selection.</div>
<div>Report then displays, all well and good.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Problem I now have is that there are several identically structured databases in the same location, and the user wants to be able to choose which one to interrogate.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>So using this as guidance:-</div>
<div><a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://wiki.eclipse.org/Change_Database_URL_at_runtime_based_on_Parameter_(BIRT)'>http://wiki.eclipse.org/Change_Database_URL_at_runtime_based_on_Parameter_(BIRT)</a></div>
<div> </div>
<div> </div>
<div>
<div>I created another parameter, also a list box, placed above the 1st one. This new one is poplated with choices to feed the :-</div>
<div> </div>
<div>datasource binding</div>
<div> </div>
<div>if ( params["Production"] == "Option1" ){</div>
<div> "jdbc:mysql://farawayhost/share/database1.db";</div>
<div> </div>
<div>}else if ( params["Production"] == "Option2" ){</div>
<div> "jdbc:mysql://farawayhost/share/database1.db"; </div>
<div> </div>
<div>}else{</div>
<div> "jdbc:mysql://localhost/qa";</div>
<div>}</div>
<div> </div>
<div> </div>
<div>The report runs, and I can make the database selection, but the second parameter list doesn't get updated. So far its not a method I can make work.</div>
<div> </div>
<div> </div>
<div>Can this be made to work please?</div>
</div>
<p> </p>