Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
To hidden parameter first time
RRK
<p>I have a scenario in which I want to run the report initially without giving any parameter to a table as a filter so that i will show complete data in table. But when want to display the parameter after the report get executed and then the user can apply filter, eg: Country as in attached report.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I have attached a sample report for the scenario.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Now in this case I have a parameter "Country" which I have applied to the table as filter.</p>
<p>But have hidden the parameter as at initial run I dont want to show the parameter to user and report gets executed for all countries.When the report gets executed after that I want to show the parameter for which I have used : </p>
<p>this.getViewer().showParameterPanel(); in clientscript : OnContentUpdate</p>
<p>This will show me the parameter panel at the bottom.</p>
<p>But as I have hidden the parameter 'Country' due to this i will show me the parameter panel but without 'Country' (empty) as in image : 'After_run_Parameter_enable.jpg'</p>
<p> </p>
<p>So now in this case I want to see the parameter in parameter panel so that user can select the value.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>How to Parameter SetHide = true after the report gets executed.</p>
<p>Could some one guide on this ?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks in advance</p>
<p>PFA images</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Clement Wong
<p>OOTB, it's not possible to unhide a hidden parameter. It is not supported or recommended, but it is possible to modify parameter.js found under /iportal/iv/parameter/parameter.js. Hint: look for IS_HIDDEN.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>As an alternative, on the initial run of the report, do you have more than 1 parameter? If not, why don't you unhide your parameter. And then for the link to run the report initially, just use the executereport.do servlet to run the report, but use the invokeSubmit=true option to bypass the parameters page.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Example:</p>
<pre class="_prettyXprint">
http://yourserver/iportal/executereport.do?__executableName=/Samples/myReport.rptdesign&invokeSubmit=true
</pre>
<p>And optionally pass in any parameters:</p>
<pre class="_prettyXprint">
http://yourserver/iportal/executereport.do?__executableName=/Samples/myReport.rptdesign&invokeSubmit=true&parm1=value1&parm2=value2&parmN=valueN</pre>
RRK
<p>Hi Clement,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks for your reply.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I tried it with a localhost link and worked fine in local and will work on server as well
</p>