Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Excel output (xlsx) hidden data sheet
NielsP
<p>Hello,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I'm currently working on a report where I have to present some data in a table, but I'm currently restricted to hide the detail row and use the last grouping as a replacement detail row. That is, I have to sum the details and present them in the grouping header. This is confusing so let me provide an example:</p>
<p> </p>
<p>My example data set:</p>
<pre class="_prettyXprint">
Vehicle type, Liters
Car, 100
Car, 150
Bus, 300
Bus, 500
</pre>
<p>
My table would then look like the following (sorry for the bad quality - I couldn't find a table tool in the editor):</p>
<pre class="_prettyXprint">
Vehicle type | Liters |
________________|_____________|
[ Vehicle type ]| SUM[Liters] | <-- Group header (Vehicle Type)
________________|_____________|
(detail row - | |
hidden) | [Liters] | <-- Detail row (hidden)
________________|_____________|
</pre>
<p>With this set-up I will get an extra hidden data sheet in my Excel output. I suspect it has to do with the "missing" [Liters] in the table. I have even tried adding the Liters to the bindings.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I have attached a .rptdesign as a real example.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Is it possible to somehow avoid the extra data sheet with this restricted set-up?</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
pricher
<p>Hi,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Why hide the Detail row? Simply delete it altogether. This way, BIRT will output only the aggregated data.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I am sending you back a modified version of your report.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Hope this helps,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>P.</p>
NielsP
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="pricher" data-cid="142325" data-time="1455727591">
<div>
<p>Hi,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Why hide the Detail row? Simply delete it altogether. This way, BIRT will output only the aggregated data.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I am sending you back a modified version of your report.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Hope this helps,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>P.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>
<p>Hi,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I'm sorry for the late reply.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I have an input parameter which decides whether or not the detail should be hidden. So I can't completely get rid of the detail row (although that solves the problem as you suggested).</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I have tried aggregating on dataSetRow["ColName"] instead of on row["ColName"], but then i get a lot of warnings: Aggregation binding :"ColNameAggregation" does not operate on any other binding</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Best,</p>
<p>Niels</p>
pricher
<p>Hi,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>It's not clear why you cannot make this work. The attached modified report shows that the aggregation using dataSetRow works as well. I have added a report parameter to hide or not the detail row; the XLSX output doesn't include a hidden sheet with detail data.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>P.</p>