Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Export to excel issue
sriram4133
<p>Hi, I'm using iHub3. When I ran my report locally and tried to export content to XLSX, a single report column</p>
<p>is being exported to multiple excel columns.</p>
<p>I attached screenshots.</p>
<p>Please let me know if anyone had similar issue and the resolution for it.</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
micajblock
<p>do you have merged cells in the design? What does the table in the design look like?</p>
sriram4133
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="mblock" data-cid="142519" data-time="1456436463">
<div>
<p>do you have merged cells in the design? What does the table in the design look like?</p>
</div>
</blockquote>
<p> </p>
<p>I'm not able to attach a image again to show you the table and its properties. However, on one of the column expressions, I have a If statement like</p>
<p>if ( dataSetRow["X"] === null || dataSetRow["X"] === "" ) { dataSetRow["Y"] } else { dataSetRow["X"] }</p>
micajblock
<p>That should not matter. Can you try and reproduce using classic models sample database?</p>
sriram4133
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="mblock" data-cid="142523" data-time="1456441919">
<div>
<p>That should not matter. Can you try and reproduce using classic models sample database?</p>
</div>
</blockquote>
<p>I was able to reproduce with sample DB and have the design file with me but I'm not finding attach option to attach the file.</p>
<p>I see 'My Media' but not sure how to save my file in it.</p>
micajblock
<p>When you reply there should be a 'More Reply Options'. You should get a screen like attached.</p>
sriram4133
<p>I see attach file now. Thanks.</p>
<p>I attached rptdesign file.</p>
<p>Below is what I did:</p>
<p>1. Ran report locally</p>
<p>2. Export Content</p>
<p>3. Choose XLXS</p>
<p>4. Uncheck 'Output to multiple sheets' and click 'OK'</p>
<p>5. You will notice columns LASTNAME FIRSTNAME EMAIL REPORTSTO being exported to multiple excel columns.</p>
micajblock
<p>I do not see the attachment.</p>
sriram4133
<p>Sorry I didn't hit attach.</p>
sriram4133
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="mblock" data-cid="142537" data-time="1456503722">
<div>
<p>I do not see the attachment.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>
<p>I attached the file now. Sorry for the confusion.</p>
micajblock
<p>OK, thanks. The extra cells are due to the grid in the master page. If you remove the grid, you will not have extra cells.</p>
sriram4133
<p>Awesome. I removed the grid and it solved my issue. Thanks a lot Mica.</p>
<p>I'm new to BIRT world
</p>