Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Birt Parameters
DenisG
<p>Hello!</p>
<p>In my report I have list box dynamic parameter which allows to choose multiple values. This parameter intended to show more than 100 "Surname Name Middlename" entries of users and user have to choose for example 10 users which are authors of documents that user wants to see in his report.</p>
<p>Customer claims that it's very uncomfortable for users to scroll over huge list while holding CTRL and click on entries every time when he find right Surname. (I know that you can push for example 'M' while your parameter window is active and you will find first occcurences of surname which starts with 'M'.)</p>
<p>May be there is some JS framework to add some functionality to parameters like huge long lists?</p>
<p>It could be done like in WORD parameters - two separated windows, in one - all entries, in another - choosed entries, and two buttons "add", "delete". (See screenshot)</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
PaulCooper
<p>I am not sure if you are using the inbuilt parameter form or your own but I have found two resources that might help:</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Altering the inbuilt parameter form:</p>
<p><a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
https://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/210660/'>https://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/210660/</a></p>
;
<p> </p>
<p>Multi-select JQuery Plugin:</p>
<p><a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://crlcu.github.io/multiselect/'>http://crlcu.github.io/multiselect/</a></p>
;
<p> </p>
<p>Paul</p>
DenisG
<p>Thanks, Paul! I'll try it!</p>
<p>Could you provide step by step example how to customize inbuilt report parameters window, for example I want to change word "Parameter" to report name (suppose I have report name "List of documents" in report variable)?</p>
PaulCooper
Sorry no. Never tried it myself. Just tried to find something useful for you.