Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
BIRT Runtime only shows 2 pages of report which has more than 2 pages ?
anwarsunboy
<p>Hi,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I have designed a report file (*.rptdesign) file with BIRT report designer. The page number of report changes according to report parameters. when I view the report by clicking "View report in Web viewer" on BIRT report designer, I can see all the pages of report. But, when I viewe the report with "BIRT Runtime" , it only shows 2 pages of report. I have also tested multiple page reports (more than 2 pages) without parameter,but "BIRT Runtime" only shows 2 pages of report.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>my environment is TOMCAT , and the "BIRT Runtime " files under "tomcat\webapps" folder.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>does any one know about this ? could you give me some suggestions ,please ?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks !</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Clement Wong
<p>Your report design looks vanilla. What version of BIRT is your BIRT Runtime Engine?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Does your report show only 2 pages for different formats (PDF)?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Do your other reports show the same behavior?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Does any of the example reports (against Classic Models sample database) show the same behavior?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Did you modify any BIRT Runtime Engine files prior to deploying to Tomcat? What version of Tomcat are you using?</p>
anwarsunboy
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Clement Wong" data-cid="142676" data-time="1457029893">
<div>
<p>Your report design looks vanilla. What version of BIRT is your BIRT Runtime Engine?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Does your report show only 2 pages for different formats (PDF)?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Do your other reports show the same behavior?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Does any of the example reports (against Classic Models sample database) show the same behavior?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Did you modify any BIRT Runtime Engine files prior to deploying to Tomcat? What version of Tomcat are you using?</p>
</div>
</blockquote>
<p> </p>
<p>Hi,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>version of BIRT is org.eclipse.birt.runtime_4.5.0.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Yes, BIRT viewer only shows 2 pages. I tracked the code by using debug.I got total page number is 2 with birtUtility.getTotalPageNumber() (when I open the report file with BIRT Run time engine). But,When I view the same report file with the same report parameter on BIRT deseigner ( by clicking "View report in Web viewer"), birtUtility.getTotalPageNumber() returned more than 2 pages.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Yes, other reports shows the same behabior. I did the comparison with two sample report files on BIRT deseigner's web viewer and BIRT Runtime viewer.</p>
<p>"OrdersAfter.rptdesign" has 7 pages on BIRT deseigner's web viewer, and it has only 2 pages on BIRT Runtime viewer.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>"CustomerListAfter.rptdesign" has 27 pages on BIRT deseigner's web viewer, and it has 25 pages on BIRT Runtime viewer. For this file, I have also checked the data , some records of data are missing on BIRT Runtime viewer.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>No, I didn't modify BIRT Runtime Engine files prior to deploying to Tomcat. after downloading "birt-runtime-4_5_0" file, I placed the "webcontent" folder uner tomcat's "webapps" folder. And then I did the necessary configuration. I didn't modify BIRT Runtime Engine files prior to deploying to Tomcat.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>version of Tomcat is 7.0.41.</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p>could you give me some suggestions , please ? thanks.</p>
Clement Wong
<p>Very strange. Have you tried on another machine, or a different version of Tomcat? </p>
<p> </p>
<p>What version of Java? Is it 32-bit or 64-bit?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>What OS and version is the machine (with Tomcat)? Is it 32-bit or 64-bit?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>On my Windows 7 machine, I ran both of the attached reports with BIRT Engine 4.5.0 on both Apache Tomcat/7.0.12 and Apache Tomcat/8.0.30. They produced the expected results of 7 and 27 pages.</p>