Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Birt Viewer and remote database
nt4boy
<p>Hi,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I've an sqlite database on a server share at \\server\share\database.db</p>
<p>In the report designer the <span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Source Sans Pro', sans-serif;">jdbc:sqlite:</span>\\server\share\database.db works perfectly.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I've now tried to publish this on a jboss server instance but have a problem.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>My report however will only work in the Birt Viewer if I copy the database to the jboss server locally and change the source to say <span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Source Sans Pro', sans-serif;">jdbc:sqlite:c:\localfolder</span>\database.db</p>
<p> </p>
<p>From the Start button on the jboss sever if I enter \\server\share, I can perfectly see my database.db</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Error is:-</p>
<p>org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc.JDBCException: There is an error in get connection, path to '\\server\share\database.db': '\\server\share' does not exist.</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p>I'd appreciate some clues as to why this so nearly works.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks </p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Clement Wong
<p>Not sure why this is the case... but here are some tests to try so that we can troubleshoot further...</p>
<p> </p>
<p>What user runs JBoss? Is the same user you tried from Start > Run to test \\server\share?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Can you map a network drive, update the JDBC URL and try?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>If you install the Designer on the same machine as JBoss, does the report run in the Designer?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>If you create a test JSP page that tries to connect to SQLite using \\server\share, does it work?</p>
nt4boy
<p>Clement,</p>
<p>Good questions.</p>
<p>in the services properties for jboss its says the logon is "local system account."</p>
<p>being doing all testing under the the domain administrator.</p>
<p>Not really happy at this point to install designer on the server.</p>
<p>Mapping a drive sounded brilliant so made an M: to the folder where the db is.</p>
<p>but still getting M:\share does not exist.</p>
<p>Thanks</p>
nt4boy
<p>Clement,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>All working.....</p>
<p>Mapped drive doesn't work for me, but using the
\server.... syntax does now.</p>
<p>Went to the machine with the remote share and added the jboss server machine to be a user with full access.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>All is sweetness and light.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks for your guidance.</p>