Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Multiple Tables Rendering Horizontally (side by side)
George Thomas
<p>I have BIRT template with a table . This is binded to an xml datasource.(xml file)</p>
<p>This generates multiple tables - vertically.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>How do i get it rendered horizontally (side by side) </p>
<p>Can this achieved with out using cross tabs ?</p>
<p>We use BIRT version 3.7</p>
<p> </p>
<p>rptdesign file and xml file for data source is attached.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Could you please help</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
micajblock
<p>I think you are over complicating things (either that or I do not understand the required output). Why not just have a 1 row 2 column grid and then put a table in each cell?</p>
George Thomas
<p>The number of tables will be dynamic and it will be based on the xml datasource.</p>
<p> The number of tables will not be fixed</p>
micajblock
<p>Try using the display property inline. See details in this video:</p>
<p><a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://developer.actuate.com/overlays/youtube/UsingDisplayInlineProperty.html'>http://developer.actuate.com/overlays/youtube/UsingDisplayInlineProperty.html</a></p>
;
George Thomas
<p>Setting inline property does not seem to work for us.</p>
<p>Could you please provide a sample design file</p>
micajblock
<p>I do not have 3.7. I build the attached example in BIRT 4.4.1. The trick is to have in the detail of the list a grid with a specific size and set the grid display to inline. The place the inner table in the grid.</p>