Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Adding label to line chart
padytom
<p>How do I achieve this as in the picture below. I want to just show line chart names. like the black voters and all voters</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
shamo
<p>I also have same requirement. Any help will be much appreciated</p>
Clement Wong
<p>OS BIRT or commercial BIRT? Which version?</p>
jfranken
<p>Having done some searching, I've found that support for series labels is not as commonplace as I expected. The standard method is to use a legend to identify different series. Even the HighCharts API doesn't include a series label. I found an example online that makes use of a trick in code to achieve this functionality in Highcharts. That solution works in commercial BIRT with a little coding. If you're using Open Source BIRT, it doesn't support Highcharts. There is a script tab to add custom Java and JavaScript code that modifies the chart. I don't have an example of how to implement a series label in Open Source BIRT. If I come across one I'll post it.</p>
Clement Wong
<p>If you are using OS BIRT, you can use this technique outlined in this DevShare (<a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://developer.actuate.com/community/forum/index.php?/files/file/1086-bar-chart-with-dynamic-markerthreshold-lines/'>http://developer.actuate.com/community/forum/index.php?/files/file/1086-bar-chart-with-dynamic-markerthreshold-lines/</a>)
to draw a transparent marker line and add text to it. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Attached is a sample that works both in OS BIRT and commercial BIRT.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>If you are using commercial BIRT, you can take advantage of the HighCharts script that is available and you'll have more options available to manipulate the HTML5 charts.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Another attached sample (specifically for commercial BIRT) uses the plotLines on the Y Axis (<a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
; Using HighCharts options, we add two plotlines, one for each series and add a label. We also modify the markers so that we have a non-filled circle like the screenshot. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Other options in commercial BIRT to add those labels, as Jeff mentioned requires little coding. Those other techniques use the HighCharts Renderer (<a href="
http://api.highcharts.com/highcharts#Renderer">http://api.highcharts.com/highcharts#Renderer</a>)
or HighCharts <a>dataLabels(
http://api.highcharts.com/highcharts#plotOptions.series.dataLabels). </a>
; JSFiddles from Jeff that illustrate these two techniques, respectively (via Renderer @ <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://jsfiddle.net/TkRXA/'>http://jsfiddle.net/TkRXA/</a>
; or via datalabels @ <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://jsfiddle.net/gK52f/1/).'>http://jsfiddle.net/gK52f/1/).</a>
; </p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
shamo
<p>Thank you Clement.</p>
<p>You've been very helpful with your samples.</p>