Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Page Break problem multi table in pdf
famendola
<p>Hi, </p>
<p>I have a problem with page break. In my report I have 2 dynamic chat blocks (ticket_2429), but when I increased the rows it doesn't break in new page and reduce the content (Problem1). If I make pageBreakInterval = 2 or 3 the result is Problem2. I wish that the content break fluid in new page.</p>
<p>Can I help me?</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
hallj05
<p>Hey,</p>
<p>If your report is always going to be in pdf then try setting the pageBreakInterval = 0. This will make the page breaks happen only when the report reaches the bottom of the page.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>The number that is set for the pageBreakInterval is the number of detail rows that can show on a page before a page break happens. Which is why when it's set to 2 or 3 then it only shows that many detail rows per page. Note: in pdf it will also do a page break when it reaches the bottom of the page.</p>
famendola
<p>Hi,<br>
I tried "pageBreakInterval = 0", but it does not work (ticket_2717 - int0)</p>
hallj05
<p>Do you want it to do a page break before it reaches the end of the page? Since in your example all the data appears to fit on one page.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>With pageBreakInterval set to 0 a pdf will only do a page break once it reaches the end of the page.</p>
famendola
<p>mmm I don't understand. In the last pdf it reaches the end of the page but it doesn't break and it adjusts the context width. I don't want it never adjust the witdh because the extreme is "Ticket_2707 - ExtremProblem.pdf"</p>
hallj05
<p>On the layout preference for the report have you tried it with auto layout and not fixed layout</p>
famendola
<p>same problem</p>
hallj05
<p>I've noticed that you have a pageBreakInterval set up on each table and list. Does it do the same if you set those to 0 also. Also if you have it set anywhere else try setting them to 0 also.</p>
famendola
<p>I try a simple report with only 1 table, but it doesn't break with pageBreakInterval = 0
</p>
<p>AutoLayout and FixedLayout .... indifferent</p>
hallj05
<p>How are you running/generating the report?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Since I took your rptdesign and removed the data source and data set and added one that I could access and it added enough labels to make it go to a 2nd page and it works. This was using eclipse to generate to pdf.</p>