Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Displaying a date value in one column based on a value within another column
andyeali
<p>Good Day,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I would like to display a date value within a date column that is based on the value of another column. It's an inventory based report. The transaction date should match the transaction type. Also, I would like to use the transaction date and the transaction type twice. This will allow the user to view the transaction date that matches a specific transaction type.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I hope this makes sense to someone.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Regards,</p>
<p>Andy</p>
<p> </p>
<p>NB</p>
<p>See attachment for snapshot of layout.</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Clement Wong
<p>Sorry, it doesn't make sense to me. Can you provide sample data so that I can understand the requirements?</p>
andyeali
<p>Mr. Wong,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I hope all is well today.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I attached an MS Excel file containing a sample layout of the current report as well as the proposed change I would like to implement with a further explanation.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Regards,</p>
<p>Andy</p>
shamo
<p>You can create a computed column one for _PC and one for _Rec and use both in the report.</p>
andyeali
<p>Shamo,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I hope all is well with you today.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I appreciate the feedback. Can you explain further or provide some guidance as to where I can find some reference material.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Much appreciated.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Regards,</p>
<p>Andy</p>
pricher
<p>Hi Andy,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>You need to create 2 Computed Columns in your Data Set, one for TRANSTYPE_PC and one for TRANSTYPE_REC. The expression for each computed column will test the value of TRANSTYPE and output or not the value of TRANSTYPE. The following screenshots show the process:</p>
<p> </p>
<p>