Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
inserting values inside a dcr dynamically
Markandeyulu
Hi I have "a.dcr" in one template (datatype) and another dcr "b.dcr" another template (data type)
when ever I enter values in a text box inside "a.dcr" i want the same values to be populated inside "b.dcr".
what is the best and the easiest way i can do it.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Michael
hmmm just off the top of my head I would suggest:
- a FormAPI onSaveDone event which calls a script - passing the values you want to set in the target file (b.dcr) would make things simpler.
- the script opens b.dcr; parses it and sets the values you passed in appropriately. b.dcr is then saved.
Hope this gives you some idea of one approach -- of course, there is always more than one way to do these things. What is appropriate will really depend on the specifics of your situation.
Cheers, Michael