Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Eclipse freezes when trying to create dataset query
New_Bee
<p>BIRT : 4.3.2<br>
Eclipse Kepler</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Creating Data Source and Data Set works fine but when I try to save the query, the eclipse stops responding. <br><br>
If I write a small query then it gets saved, but when the query is huge(my requirement), then this problem arises.</p>
<p> </p>
<p><br>
</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
jfranken
<p>Hi New_bee,</p>
<p>This could be a number of different issues. The first thing I would do is make sure the large query runs outside of the Designer. If it does, you can try increasing the memory in the eclipse.ini file, e.g. if you've allocated 386m, change -Xmx386m to -Xmx1024m. If the BIRT log file contains Java Heap Space errors, increasing the memory is likely to help. Check the db log as well to see if it provides any clues.</p>