Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Auto Layout in PDF
IlyaL
<p>Hi! I want to use Auto Layout in PDF, but it always works like Fixed Layout. How can i avoid this?</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
micajblock
<p>What do you mean. Auto Layout will use the space that is available. For HTML it is dependent on the browser for PDF is depends on the page size. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>What are you expecting?</p>
IlyaL
<p>Please, look at attachment, there described my current situation. I want PDF in the same style like HTML(with dynamic border of a cell) </p>
<p>
micajblock
<p>I am not sure this has anything to do with Auto Layout. Can you post a design the demonstrates this?</p>
IlyaL
<p>Sorry, wrong file. Will add correct file during one hour</p>
micajblock
<p>Works for me. I changed the design to use Classic Models and it looks the same in HTML and PDF. I am attaching image and design. What version of BIRT are you using?</p>
IlyaL
<p>
micajblock
<p>How is this different. Did my example work for you?</p>
IlyaL
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="mblock" data-cid="143179" data-time="1459983666">
<div>
<p>How is this different. Did my example work for you?</p>
</div>
</blockquote>
<p> </p>
<p>No, it's not work in proper way. Because there is a difference: in my variant element and value are inside table.</p>
<p>Please see attachment for more information.</p>
micajblock
<p>Can you provide sample data?</p>
IlyaL
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="mblock" data-cid="143182" data-time="1460028057">
<div>
<p>Can you provide sample data?</p>
</div>
</blockquote>
<p> </p>
<p>Yes, like (element: value):</p>
<p>Country: United States of America</p>
<p>Personal id: 20</p>
<p>Company: RText LLC</p>
<p>Date of registrartion: 10.11.2015</p>
<p>Company id: 2321879187402107412</p>
<p>Last report:"Automated Docker Application Deployment On Alibaba Cloud (Aliyun)"</p>
<p>Likes:3</p>
<p>Posts:10</p>
micajblock
<p>I meant can you provide a sample XML and a report design that replicates your issue so that I can run so I can help you (instead of me spending time trying to create what I think you need).</p>
IlyaL
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="mblock" data-cid="143184" data-time="1460029451">
<div>
<p>I meant can you provide a sample XML and a report design that replicates your issue so that I can run so I can help you (instead of me spending time trying to create what I think you need).</p>
</div>
</blockquote>
<p> </p>
<p>Yes, look at attachment.</p>
<p>Here report which i use now.(differents in Oncreate(rowname), there i set width). But problem is the same - PDF use static column width for all elements in all tables.</p>
micajblock
<p>Can you verify that the report runs before you post. I get invalid XML. Please re-post a working example.</p>
IlyaL
<p>Well, i use soap, so full request is in attachment</p>
micajblock
<p>OK, I still cannot use the file so I created a scripted dataset with the same data. But now I am confused. In the design you attached the Value is right aligned and the row name is left aligned. So I am not sure what you are expecting? Why not just create a new data item with the expression:</p>
<pre class="_prettyXprint">
row["RowName"] + " " + row["Value"]</pre>
<p>For further discussion please use the attached design that has a scripted data set so that I can run an iteration of the report.</p>
<p>P.S. Why are you using nested tables?</p>
IlyaL
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="mblock" data-cid="143198" data-time="1460117072">
<div>
<p>OK, I still cannot use the file so I created a scripted dataset with the same data. But now I am confused. In the design you attached the Value is right aligned and the row name is left aligned. So I am not sure what you are expecting? Why not just create a new data item with the expression:</p>
<pre class="_prettyXprint">
row["RowName"] + " " + row["Value"]</pre>
<p>For further discussion please use the attached design that has a scripted data set so that I can run an iteration of the report.</p>
<p>P.S. Why are you using nested tables?</p>
</div>
</blockquote>
<p> </p>
<p>Mica, thank you for you help and time. I've found right solution. For me works next solution:</p>
<p>i replaced table and grids, divided this grids in dynamic and then i check every cell and fill or hide them in dynamic.</p>