Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Cut off blanks from report parameter
Miss_Anonymus
<p>Hello,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I have the following problem:</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I have a report Parameter as String, which has blanks at first. E.g. like</p>
<p> </p>
<p>" - Test String\n</p>
<p> - 2nd Test String\n</p>
<p> - 3rd Test String\n</p>
<p> Last String" .</p>
<p> </p>
<p>The blanks before the first line should work as shifting. The strings should all one below the other. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>This String should be shown in a cell from a grid. I pulled it there. When I run the report, the first blanks are unfortunately gone and the first row is in the leftmost position of the cell. The blanks from the second, the third an so on line are there and these lines are indented.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I tried to insert blanks at the first row with a script, no effect. I also tried to insert at first a letter, for example "x...", and then it works, so the first blanks don't get cut off. But that's not what I want to do, there should stand nothing first but the text ("- Test....").</p>
<p>I would even not help me to change the padding or marging of the cell, because then everything would be intended. also there is the difficulty, that this multi lined string comes in ONE report parameter, not in seperate ones.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>So, has anybody an idea how I can do it without the cut off from the first blanks?</p>
<p>Thanks in advance.</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Matthew L.
<p>You could use a Non-breaking space (nbsp = ASCII 255) instead of a normal space (ASCII 32).</p>
<p>I've attached a txt file containing the modified string as attaching it to the forum post changed the characters to normal spaces.</p>
<p>Please download and copy the text from the txt file and paste it into your design to see if this creates the desired effect.</p>
Miss_Anonymus
<p>It works fine. Thank you very much!</p>