Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Crosstab with HTML
AxelB
<p>[BIRT 2.6.2]</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Hello,</p>
<p>I have a simple Crosstab, Product vs. Month and a simple String in the measures field. I would now like to add to this String a Hyperlink. All required data is available in the DataSet bound to the CrossTab.</p>
<p>How can I 'activate' the HTML view of the measures field to have a clickable hyperlink?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Outcome should be something like:</p>
<p> </p>
<p> Jan Feb Mar ......</p>
<p>ProductA NameA NameA</p>
<p> <html link A1> <html link A2></p>
<p> </p>
<p>ProductB NameB</p>
<p> <html link B1></p>
<p> </p>
<p>ProductC .......</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I'm missing something to set the content type to html. How do I get there...?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks!</p>
<p>Axel</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
pricher
<p>Hi Axel,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Hyperlinks are added as a property of the measure field, as shown in this screenshot here:</p>
<p> </p>
<p>
AxelB
<p>Thanks Pierre,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>yes, this option I have tried. But this makes the whole cell content to a link. This was not the intention.</p>
<p>The cell content carries several information strings, only one of those strings should be the link.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Another reason why I was thinking about a kind HTML solution is a future enhancement for some more optical formatting of the presented informationin this cell (e.g. colors, bold strings, etc).</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Best Regards</p>
<p>Axel</p>
pricher
<p>Hi,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>You can add other components to a crosstab cell, such as a Label, a Data Item, or a Text Item. In the modified sample report, I have added these 3 components. The Label and the Data items use the Hyperlink property to link to a web site. The Text element embeds an <a> tag to do the same thing.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Hope this helps better,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>P.</p>
AxelB
<p>Thanks a lot Pierre,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>This is the way forward I was looking for!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>BR</p>
<p>Axel</p>