Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Suppressing duplicate values on charts
rafaruiz123
<p>Hi,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I have a set of records with ids and an average of time.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Average of time was built with the expression builder to calculate difference between dates to see how long it took and then creating another aggregation which averages them out.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>The problem is that all my ids have the same number on the average and my Id are duplicates because there is history with these records.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I want to show the Id only 1 time on chart and show the average of age for that Id but I get the id multiple times. In the table you can do a suppress duplicate values but I cant find it on the CHARTs.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Example</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Id Average</p>
<p> </p>
<p>100 11</p>
<p>100 11</p>
<p>100 11</p>
<p>103 11</p>
<p>103 11</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Any thoughts?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thank you so much,</p>
<p>RR</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Clement Wong
<p>Without reviewing your design or running a sample that replicates this, I would suggest that you enable Grouping in the Edit Chart dialog > Select Data > Category (X) Series > right most icon > check Grouping and change Function from Sum to Average.</p>
rafaruiz123
<p>If a am using data from a table, that grouping function is greyed out.</p>
<p>What should I do In that case?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thank you for your post and time.</p>
pricher
<p>Hi,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>If you use data from a table, the grouping function in the chart is disabled because it expects to use the grouping defined at the table level. In the attached example, the table has a group level defined on CUSTOMERNUMBER and an aggregation defined as the AVG of QUANTITY by CUSTOMERNUMBER. The chart uses the table (MyTable) as a data source. The Category (X-Axis) is defined as the grouping level from the table, and the Value (Y) Series is the Aggregation.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Hope this helps,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>P.</p>
rafaruiz123
<p>Pierre, I took your example and implemented the average you used It is much simpler and used the group on the x axis.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>It works great. Very happy, thank you very much.</p>