Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Error in Web Viewer
Ekaterina
<p>Hi everyone,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I am new to BIRT. I am trying to run a Report I've made in a Veb Viewer in Eclipse through Run - View Report - In Web Viewer and getting a HTTP error (see pic). Please, help me where I can look for a solution for this.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Best regards,</p>
<p>Ekaterina</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Clement Wong
<p>Please change the preferences so that you'll be able to view the report using a different browser other than the internal Eclipse browser.<br><br>
Note there are two settings to change.<br><br><br>
1. Windows > Preferences > General > Web Browser<br>
A. Check "Use External web browser"<br>
B. Add a "New..." browser and point to Firefox or Chrome<br><br><br>
2. Windows > Preferences > Report Design > Preview<br>
A. Check "Always use external browsers"</p>
Ekaterina
<p>Hello Clement,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>thank you for your feedback.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I've made a missing second setting to always use an external browser, that was already set as Firefox by me. But the issue is still there unfortunately. I am getting exactly the same error message in a new browser.. I guess, I should resolve somehow this compiler issue..</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Best regards,</p>
<p>Ekaterina</p>
pricher
<p>Hi,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Most likely you are using a version of BIRT not supported on the Java 8 platform. Java 8 is supported only with BIRT 4.5.0. You can either:</p>
<p> </p>
<p>- upgrade to BIRT 4.5.0;</p>
<p>- force an older version of BIRT to start in an older JRE, like Java 7. You can do this by uninstalling Java 8 or by modifying your PATH environment variable to point to the JRE 7 environment.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Hope this helps,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>P.</p>
Ekaterina
<p>Hi Pierre,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>thanks for your input! Your explanation sounds plausible.</p>
<p>I will write back, when I get an opportunity to test with different JRE and BIRT versions.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Best regards,</p>
<p>Ekaterina</p>