Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Reportlets vs Reports on Dashboards
AlanCol
<p>I have a report that has been deployed to the BIRT 360 Iserver. The report comprises of a number of charts that are dependent on parameters passed to the report. I wish to display only portions of the report on a dashboard and have "bookmarked" the sections that I require.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>If I place these items on a dashboard as reportlets, the performance of the dashboard is quite slow when opening or when changing the parameters. If I "strip down" the report and place the whole report on a separate dashboard, the refresh time is approximately 3-4 times faster.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Is this a known phenomenon and is there anything I can do to speed up the reportlets' performance? </p>
<p> </p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Clement Wong
<p>Each reportlet will require a separate execution of the report. If you have many reportlets on a single page, you're better off putting them on a single report.</p>
AlanCol
<p>Thanks Clement.</p>
<p>That's what I suspected and is the approach I intend to use from now on.</p>
<p>Thanks again</p>
<p>Alan</p>