Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Data source
Scott Elliott
<p>Hello all,</p>
<p> </p>
<p> Every time I create a new website I need to go into each one of my reports and change the database and the user name and connection.</p>
<p> </p>
<p> My set up is mysql/apache/php/bootstrap framework. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>I would like some options on what to do so I can do it just once per each new database? How about a parameter to bypass the data source? I am on the open source version. Please Help </p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
pricher
<p>Hello Scott,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>You should consider using a report library to store your data source information. When you use a data source from a library into your reports, you would only need to change the data source at the report library level to have all reports using that library be updated with the new information. If you Google "BIRT report library tutorial" you will find plenty of information about using BIRT report libraries.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Hope this helps,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>P.</p>
micajblock
<p>Better yet use connection profiles. Below is a link to our documentation. OS BIRT should be similar.</p>
<p> </p>
<p><a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://developer.actuate.com/be/documentation/ihub31-dev/DAG/index.html#page/DAG/understand-data-sources.02.05.html'>http://developer.actuate.com/be/documentation/ihub31-dev/DAG/index.html#page/DAG/understand-data-sources.02.05.html</a></p>
;