Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Time format in Birt Spudsoft Excel Emitter
gsekar
<div>Hi, </div>
<div> </div>
<div>I have applied DateTime custom format("h:mm") in designing side and I can able to see exact format in viewer side(HTML, xls, etc.,). But when I clicked the cell in xls, I am getting default date appended to time in formula bar. Could you please help me to resolve to show Time format only in xls cell? I don't want date in xls.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>FYR, I have attached the screen shot.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Thanks,</div>
<div>Guna</div>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Chad Montgomery
<p>Hi gsekar,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I believe this to be due to the fact that BIRT uses java date-time objects for all of its date/time related fields (even if you select the "Time" data type). I'm not certain of your requirements, but if you want to ensure that the full date-time does not get supplied to the cell, you may want to instead use a string instead.</p>
gsekar
<div>Hi Chad,</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Thanks for your reply. But my requirement is to show the Time format. Please let me know any other way or script to avoid date in xls.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Thanks,</div>
<div>Guna</div>