Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Create a BIRT Data source for DB2 Stored Procedures
BWill
<p>I'm using the RAD v 9.5 implementation of BIRT reports which is version 4.4.2. I'm trying to create reports that use DB2 stored procedures. I created a new data source and successfully connected to our IBM I. When I created a new data set and selected my data source, I can only select " SQL SelectQuery" under Data Set Type - there is no option for stored procedure.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Can anyone tell me why I can see this option? I created some tutorial reports that connetc to the sample database, an this option is available.</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Clement Wong
<p>Sorry, I don't have Rational Application Developer so I can't see what driver it ships with. Is it IBM DB2 JDBC? What version?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Do you have a screenshot from the Edit Data Set dialog?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>You should be able to type the command to exectute the stored procedure in the Query option in the Edit Data Set dialog.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Also, have you tried contacting IBM Support in parallel?</p>