Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Rotate text 90 degrees
TimB
<p>Hi,</p>
<p>I'm looking for the jar files for the BIRT plugin "birt-controls-lib". All I've found are dead links from forum posts and even in a how-to video from OpenText itself. The only valid link is to GitHub, which seems to only supply source that I haven't been able to successfully compile yet! Can anyone point me to or even send me the jars?</p>
<p>Thanks!</p>
<p>Tim</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Matthew L.
<p>Hello Tim,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I found the following pre-compiled jar files based on the 2.5.2 version:</p>
<p><a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
https://github.com/innoventsolutions/innoventsolutions.github.io/tree/master/2.5.2/plugins'>https://github.com/innoventsolutions/innoventsolutions.github.io/tree/master/2.5.2/plugins</a></p>
;
<p> </p>
<p>I am unsure what the "birt.functions.lib_2.6.1.11.jar" is for however downloading the following jars worked for me:</p>
<p>birt.controls.lib_2.5.2.2.jar</p>
<p>birt.controls.lib.ui_2.5.2.1.jar</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Just drop the 2 jar files in your /eclipse/plugins/ folder and launch BIRT.</p>
<p>You should then see two new items in your Palette, DotBar and RotatedText.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Also for reference, here is some API you can use with the RotateText plugin:</p>
<pre class="_prettyXprint _lang-js">
elementFactory = reportContext.getReportRunnable().designHandle.getElementFactory(); //get a reference to the ElementFactory
rotatedText=elementFactory.newExtendedItem("ex1", "RotatedText"); //Create new RotatedText element
rotatedText.setProperty("rotationAngle", "90");
rotatedText.setProperty("text", "\"Test\"");
rotatedText.setProperty("wrapPoint", "0in");
rotatedText.setProperty("linkURL", "\"http://www.Actuate.com\""); //You can also use a relative path
rotatedText.setProperty("fontFamily", "sans-serif");
rotatedText.setProperty("fontSize", "30pt");
rotatedText.setProperty("fontStyle", "italic"); //Options: "normal" or "italic"
rotatedText.setProperty("fontWeight", "bold"); //Options: "normal" or "bold"
rotatedText.setProperty("color", "#FF0000");
reportContext.getReportRunnable().designHandle.getBody().add(rotatedText); //Add rotatedText element to report body
</pre>
TimB
<p>Thanks! It all worked first time.</p>