Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Duplicating Row in BIRT report
viky4frnds
<div>Hi </div>
<div> </div>
<div>I have Requirement in BIRT.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>I have 2 datasets. Dataset 1 contains department Id and department name [select departmentId, depName from department]</div>
<div>I am sending departmentId to another dataset (Dataset 2) [select empname from employee where depid=<<input employee Id from dataset1>>]</div>
<div> </div>
<div>I have generated XLSX report, I got a report in below </div>
<div> </div>
<div>|DepartId| DepartName |Employee Name|</div>
<div>
</div>
<div>| 1 | CS | ABC |</div>
<div>| | | XYZ |</div>
<div>
</div>
<div> </div>
<div>But I want to show the report in below format</div>
<div> </div>
<div>|DepartId| DepartName |Employee Name|</div>
<div>
</div>
<div>| 1 | CS | ABC |</div>
<div>
</div>
<div>| 1 | CS | XYZ |</div>
<div>
</div>
<div> </div>
<div> </div>
<div>In BIRT layout, I have created table for Dataset 1.Employee name alone comes from different dataset(Dataset 2) </div>
<div> </div>
<div>so i have inserted a seperate table in layout in the same row.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>How can i do this duplication of rows in particular column.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Thanks,</div>
<div>Vignesh</div>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
sidrees
<p>Hi,<br><br>
Why not use Joint DataSet?</p>
<p>Create two DataSets which you have already created but do not send departmentId to second dataset, now create new Joint Data Set and select the departmentId to create the Join,</p>
<p>Like I selected the ORDERNUMBER to Join two Data Sets</p>
<p>
viky4frnds
<p>Thanks a lot sidrees for your quick reply. It worked
</p>