Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Null Values in Web Service Data Sources
randalleleonard
<p>I am experiencing issues sending null values to WSDL/SOAP data sources. That is, some request parameters in my SOAP services are optional, and I would like to send a null value. I don't see how this can be done using BIRT 4.6 and Eclipse Neon.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>On a similar note, it also seems that returning null values in SOAP responses can also be problematic, although I have not yet had the opportunity to fully investigate this.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Anyhow, I have seen a number of posts indicating null values on request parameters are not necessarily supported. Can someone confirm this potential shortcoming, or perhaps demonstrate how to send null values?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks,</p>
<p>Randy</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Clement Wong
<p>Since I don't have a sample WSDL/SOAP that will take (or return) a null value and can't test, do you have raw XML samples that you can attach? Or a sample web service that I can connect to and provide an example?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Are you using the Web Service Data Source? In the <em>beforeOpen </em>event of the Data Set, have you tried replacing any items in the SOAP request with your own?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>For example:</p>
<pre class="_prettyXprint">
// This debugger logger will work for commercial BIRT only:
//var logger = java.util.logging.Logger.getLogger("birt.report.logger");
//logger.warning (this.queryText);
//
this.queryText = this.queryText.replace("&?ZIP?&",params["Zipcode"].value);
//
//logger.warning (this.queryText);</pre>
<p>Have you tried using a scripted data source / data set?</p>