Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
iHub-trial VM server time zone setting
vraaijmakers
<p>Hi, our VM installation is running well but we need to change the time to match our current EST time zone.</p>
<p>How to do that?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>It was by default PDT and we changed to EST (<span style="font-family:Menlo;font-size:11px;">ln -sf /usr/share/zoneinfo/EST </span><span style="font-size:11px;">local time</span>) and also EDT, yet we are still one hour off (in EDT and EST).</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Would appreciate any suggestions.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks!</p>
<p>Vincent</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Clement Wong
<p>I'm able to change the time zone in my iHub trial VM.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Before I logged into the shell, I uploaded a file in Information Console and noted the date and timestamp. It was in PDT.</p>
<pre class="_prettyXprint">
[birt@birt-trial BIRTiHub]$ date
Tue May 24 03:52:31 PDT 2016
[birt@birt-trial BIRTiHub]$ cd /birt/BIRTiHubTrialEdition/modules/BIRTiHub
[birt@birt-trial BIRTiHub]$ ./stopiHub.sh -t 0
...
[birt@birt-trial etc]$ sudo mv /etc/localtime /etc/localtime.bak
[birt@birt-trial etc]$ ln -s /usr/share/zoneinfo/America/New_York /etc/localtime
[birt@birt-trial BIRTiHub]$ date
Tue May 24 06:55:47 EDT 2016
[birt@birt-trial BIRTiHub]$ ./startiHub.sh</pre>
<p>Then I logged into Information Console again, and I uploaded another file. The date and timestamp is three hours ahead, as expected.</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p>What's the exact command line you ran to change the time zone?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Where are you seeing the 1 hour time difference? Can you please attach a screenshot of this 1 hour time difference you are referring to?</p>
<p><br>
</p>
vraaijmakers
<p><span style="font-size:14px;"><span style="font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif;">Hi Clement. I ran ln -sf /usr/share/zoneinfo/EST /etc/localtime but should have ran ln -sf /usr/share/zoneinfo/EST5EDT /etc/localtime</span></span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:14px;"><span style="font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif;">Also, I didn't expect an iHub restart was needed.</span></span></p>
<p> </p>
<p><span style="font-size:14px;"><span style="font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif;">Time is now correct now on the server and report.</span></span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:14px;"><span style="font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif;">Thanks for helping me out!</span></span></p>
<p> </p>
<p><span style="font-size:14px;"><span style="font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif;">Vincent</span></span></p>