Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Default Parameter not showing up in Tririga run
mgrawburg
<p>I had a requirement to create a Multi-Select parameter for a Project Lead. I created the parameter and dynamically populated it with the Project Lead column.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I also had a requirement to add an option for the user to easily select all the names (too cumbersome to Ctrl+click every name apparently). I created a Default value for the parameter and set it to the string "All". I also created an array that is filled with all the value returns for the Project Lead. At the group level of the report, I added the following filter:</p>
<p> </p>
<p>row["triIntermediate__triContactRole__triPeople__triNameTX"].getNativeValue() </p>
<p> </p>
<p>IN</p>
<p> </p>
<p>if(BirtComp.equalTo(params["Project Lead"].value[0],"All")){</p>
<div>myArray;</div>
<div>}</div>
<div> </div>
<div>else{params["Project Lead"].value}</div>
<div> </div>
<div>I had some issues getting the filter to work initially but I had neglected to specify a specific entry in the parameter (since all multi select parameters return in array form). With that figured out, my report ran fine in Eclipse. When I uploaded it to Tririga to run, my custom default "All" option had disappeared from the prompt screen.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>This is the prompt box when run in Eclipse</div>
<div>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
There are no comments yet