Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
ResourceNotAccessible while running report
DenisG
<p>Hello!</p>
<p>Whenever I run reports I see this in TOMCAT logs:</p>
<p> </p>
<div>may 22, 2016 5:37:25 PM org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.util.ResourceLocatorWrapper findResource</div>
<div>WARNING: Error.ResourceNotAccessible</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Even if I run blank report I see this error.</div>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Clement Wong
<p>What version of BIRT?</p>
<p>What version of Tomcat?</p>
<p>What version of Java?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Did you change any settings such as the web.xml?</p>
<p>Where is your resource directory pointing?</p>
<p>Does this occur with the test.rptdesign that ships with BIRT Engine?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Do you see any errors from the end user side?</p>
DenisG
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Clement Wong" data-cid="144049" data-time="1464369587">
<div>
<p>What version of BIRT?</p>
<p>What version of Tomcat?</p>
<p>What version of Java?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Did you change any settings such as the web.xml?</p>
<p>Where is your resource directory pointing?</p>
<p>Does this occur with the test.rptdesign that ships with BIRT Engine?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Do you see any errors from the end user side?</p>
</div>
</blockquote>
<p>I'm using </p>
<div>- Eclipse IDE for Java and Report Developers</div>
<div>Version: Mars Release (4.5.0)</div>
<div>Build id: 20150621-1200</div>
<div>- Apache Tomcat/7.0.50</div>
<div>- ojdbc6</div>
<div> </div>
<div>- Didn't change web.xml</div>
<div>- ..\tomcat\webapps\reports</div>
<div>- no errors while running test.rptdesign</div>
<div> </div>
<div>I have to say that firstly error was:</div>
<div>
<div>WARNING: Syntax error found, and see error details.</div>
<div>Error.DesignFileException.SYNTAX_ERROR - 1 errors found! </div>
<div>1.) org.eclipse.birt.report.model.parser.DesignParserException (code = Error.DesignParserException.FILE_NOT_FOUND, message : The file "report_style_lib.rptlibrary" is not found.)</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Then when I put report_style_lib.rptlibrary to RESOURCE folder, when I run reports I see:</div>
<div>
<div style="margin:0px;color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Source Sans Pro', sans-serif;">may 22, 2016 5:37:25 PM org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.util.ResourceLocatorWrapper findResource</div>
<div style="margin:0px;color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Source Sans Pro', sans-serif;">WARNING: Error.ResourceNotAccessible</div>
<div style="margin:0px;color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Source Sans Pro', sans-serif;"> </div>
<div style="margin:0px;color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Source Sans Pro', sans-serif;">In my case we are using Tomcat for OpenText and users claim that after report is rendered that alert (text like please wait.. processing..) do not show off from the screen but I can't <span style="color:rgb(34,34,34);font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Arial, Verdana, sans-serif;">reproduce this case.</span></div>
<div style="margin:0px;color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Source Sans Pro', sans-serif;"> </div>
<div style="margin:0px;">Attached report_style_lib.rptlibrary file (add .txt cause I can't add original file)</div>
</div>
</div>
<p> </p>
Clement Wong
<p>Since you are not getting any errors with the default test reports, then there apperars to be something specific to your report designs that is causing this error.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>You may want to modify the <em>web.xml </em>under WEB-INF in your BIRT web app in Tomcat, and set <strong>BIRT_RESOURCE_PATH</strong></p>
<p>(<a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://www.eclipse.org/birt/documentation/integrating/viewer-usage.php'>http://www.eclipse.org/birt/documentation/integrating/viewer-usage.php</a>)
accordingly. </p>