Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
report generation fails when number of rows is too high
mogwai
<p>I have a data set that returns 70,000 rows. This is used in two tables with several grouping levels and some statistical calculations.</p>
<p>When I preview the report using the BIRT preview tab and the maximum number of rows set to 70,000, it renders flawlessly in about 30 seconds.</p>
<p>When I try to render it as a pdf or view it in an external viewer, I get errors and BIRT crashes.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>PDF error: file is corrupt</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Viewer error: HTTP ERROR: 500</p>
<p>Problem accessing /viewer/preview. Reason: Server Error</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I guess it is running out of memory whilst rendering the report. I believe the preview tab uses run_and_render in one process, whilst viewing the report as html or pdf first runs and then renders the report. I don't know if this could be the cause.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Does anyone know what might cause this, and more importantly, what can resolve this :-).</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
There are no comments yet