Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
How to get SpudSoft excel emitter to work with BIRT 4.3.0.2
bugsy
<p>I am using BIRT 4.3.02. and I have Excel 2010 installed on my machine.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>When I output my report in excel, the file is saved with a .xls extension as type "Microsoft Excel 97-2003 Worksheet". (I don't understand why it would do this?)</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I am using Grails and have added this to my code to try and get it to use the SpudSoft emitter that comes with this version of BIRT:</p>
<p> </p>
<p>case "xls":<br>
excelOptions.setEmitterID("uk.co.spudsoft.birt.emitters.excel.XlsEmitter");<br>
excelOptions.setOutputFormat("xls_spudsoft");</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I would really appreciate any ideas.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thank you.</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
bugsy
<p>I have been doing some more research and have replaced my above code with this:</p>
<p> </p>
<p>RenderOption excelOptions = new RenderOption();<br><br>
if ("XLS".equalsIgnoreCase(ext)) {<br>
excelOptions.setEmitterID("uk.co.spudsoft.birt.emitters.excel.XlsEmitter");<br>
} else if ("XLSX".equalsIgnoreCase(ext)) {<br>
excelOptions.setEmitterID("uk.co.spudsoft.birt.emitters.excel.XlsxEmitter");<br>
}</p>
<p> </p>
<p>My file is still generated as type "Microsoft Excel 97-2003 Worksheet". I would love to know why this is happening.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>However, it appears that is is using spudsoft since I am no longer getting the "file you are trying to open is in a different format than specified by the file extension" message.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>My report design has a Table with a single row. The row has a single cell which contains one grid and three tables. The grid and first two tables don't even show up in the excel file. I get an empty sheet. A second sheet is created for the third table but everything is displayed in a single column.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>The pdf generates fine.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Any ideas appreciated. Thanks.</p>