Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Managing users
Adamaa Faal
<p><span style="color:rgb(33,33,33);font-family:arial, sans-serif;font-size:16px;">hello everyone , I want to manage the connection of customers birt . I have one restriction data to the connected client. I tried with the securit on data objects but this would require a data Object Store, but the problem is I want to have my data in real time and not have to make schedule . </span></p>
<p><span style="color:rgb(33,33,33);font-family:arial, sans-serif;font-size:16px;">someone help me please .</span></p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
micajblock
<p>How is the data secured in the database? Is the data secured by the actual credentials or is there a table with user names and what they can access?</p>
Adamaa Faal
<p><span style="color:rgb(33,33,33);font-family:arial, sans-serif;font-size:16px;">hi MBLOCK , Thanks for fast reply.</span></p>
<p><span style="color:rgb(33,33,33);font-family:arial, sans-serif;font-size:16px;">in fact </span><span style="color:rgb(33,33,33);font-family:inherit;font-size:16px;">In my database there is a users table with a token attribut composed of user id and id language. And that's what I'll use as the login for all my clients in actuate.And </span><span style="color:rgb(33,33,33);font-family:inherit;font-size:16px;">of course apply a restriction to each users on the data in my reports and dashboards </span></p>
micajblock
<p>The easiest thing to do then is to add a condition to all queries based on the logged in user. You can get the logged in user with this code:</p>
<pre class="_prettyXprint">
reportContext.getAppContext().get("ServerUserName")</pre>
Adamaa Faal
<p>You mean to add this code in the data set queries as a parameter?</p>
micajblock
<p>Yes. For example if your query has something like this:</p>
<pre class="_prettyXprint">
where userid='xyz' </pre>
<p>then in the beforeOpen of your data set put this code:</p>
<pre class="_prettyXprint">
this.queryText=this.queryText.replace("xyz",reportContext.getAppContext().get("ServerUserName"))</pre>
Adamaa Faal
<p>Yes it works! </p>
<p>Thanks u dear</p>
Adamaa Faal
<p>Hi Again, </p>
<div>I have a small problem, the first time I launched my report with the script as you explained to me, it worked fine. But now that I re-run the same report, I have a error code 17070.</div>
<div>and when I take off my table insert in my report and I run it works with no data of course</div>
<div> </div>
<div>I have a feeling that the problem comes from my Table or my data source?</div>
micajblock
<p>I do not understand. You can get detail on the 17070 error in the error log in the designer.</p>
Adamaa Faal
<div>I have two environments:</div>
<div>1 => http: // localhost: 8700 / iportal /</div>
<div>2 => http: //suite.****.com: 8700 / iportal /</div>
<div>i put the rights urls databases, and when I executes a simple report in 1, it works .. but in 2, I have a 17070 error and I have no access to the logs in the Designer.</div>
micajblock
<p>Most likely if it works on one server but not the other than it is a connectivity issue to the database. you can look in the server logs at <install home>\modules\BIRTiHub\iHub\data\server\log</p>
<p> </p>
<p>run the report once more and look for the latest modified files, you will find details on the error there.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>P.S. If you still have issues, please start a new post as the subject has now changed.</p>
Adamaa Faal
<p>Indeed it's a connectivity issue to the database.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks Again.</p>