Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Top n based on grouping
piramanayagam.td
<p>Hi, </p>
<p> </p>
<p>I am aware that, there is a ranking function in BIRT, but I need to do a ranking based on a group. For eg., </p>
<p> </p>
<p>I want to see state wise the top 10 populated towns. How can I achieve this? Kindly help. </p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
micajblock
<p>Edit the group and add the filter to the group.</p>
piramanayagam.td
<p>Sorry, could you please elaborate the steps little more? I am new to BIRT reporting. </p>
piramanayagam.td
<p>Additional Info : I am talking about the optional grouping axis in pie chart. I need to rank the values based on that. </p>
micajblock
<p>So all you have is a chart, no table? If so, why not not have a group by in your query and sort on the aggregation. Please provide as much detail as possible on your requirement. </p>
piramanayagam.td
<p>Sorry for not being clear. I have table which I am pulling out for a pie chart representation. I have certain values (for eg., town population) to be represented in the pie chart group wise (group here is district). Now I need to apply a filter, so that I select only the top 10 highly populated town in every district. So I need to apply the rank function on town population but district wise and not on the whole table. </p>
micajblock
<p>What version of BIRT are you using?</p>
piramanayagam.td
<div>Eclipse IDE for Java and Report Developers</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Version: Juno Service Release 2</div>
<div>Build id: 20130225-0426</div>
piramanayagam.td
<p>I have created a data set and assigned the dataset to a table and dragged a pie chart in to that table. I also created group based on the district column and created a rank for top 10 populated cities based on district grouping. But I get the output pie for every town separately even though I have done the grouping on district. I need the the pie for every district, each pie having top 10 populated cities. Kindly help. </p>
piramanayagam.td
<p>By creating the grouping in the table and adding a ranking function helped to create Top n based on grouping. Thanks a lot for your help. </p>