Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Open Deploy Error: Got Null
Paul
I have been getting the following error on ALL deployments from one of our NT dev boxes. The same workflow, OpenDeploy deployment script thing works from the porduction machine with no modifications.
RESULTS:
Locating OpenDeploy service.
OpenDeploy server host: localhost, RMI registry port: 9173
Got OpenDeploy service.
>>>>>-- Start deployment iwodclient_89231613.
iwodstart running in default synchronous mode.
Need to wait for deployment to complete.
***ERROR - Starting deployment.
Reason from server: DEPLOY_CONFIG_FILE
Details : Got Exception: null
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
If it works on one system and not another - it sounds like something is configured incorrectly on the other (development) system.
Where is IWODHOME pointing to?
Does the configuration you are attempting to run exist in IWODHOME/conf/ ?
Is the configuration file you are attempting to run readable ?
Is the configuration expecting parameters to be supplied?
Is there any more detailed information in the IWODHOME/od.log and/or IWODHOME/log/*odbase.log files?
--fish
(Interwoven Senior Technical Consultant)
Paul
$odhome is pointing to c:\Interwoven\OpendeployNG
The configuration file exists and is readable.
odbase log shows:
API: 2003-08-25 10:16:33 EDT GMT-04:00 Requested start of deployment: iwodclient_90431682
API: 2003-08-25 10:16:33 EDT GMT-04:00 Calling server to start deployment iwodclient_90431682
ENG: 2003-08-25 10:16:33 EDT GMT-04:00 Received request to start deployment iwodclient_90431682.
ENG: 2003-08-25 10:16:33 EDT GMT-04:00 ***ERROR - Failed starting deployment: iwodclient_90431682
Error:
java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.interwoven.deploy.engine.TMacroDeployInitiator.startDeployment(TMacroDeployInitiator.java:725)
at com.interwoven.deploy.engine.TMacroDeployInitiator.startDeployment(TMacroDeployInitiator.java:588)
at com.interwoven.deployapi.deploy.IWDeployAction.startDeploy(IWDeployAction.java:481)
at com.interwoven.deployapi.deploy.IWDeployRemoterImpl.startDeploy(IWDeployRemoterImpl.java:152)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
at sun.rmi.server.UnicastServerRef.dispatch(UnicastServerRef.java:241)
at sun.rmi.transport.Transport$1.run(Transport.java:152)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at sun.rmi.transport.Transport.serviceCall(Transport.java:148)
at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport.handleMessages(TCPTransport.java:465)
at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport$ConnectionHandler.run(TCPTransport.java:706)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)
API: 2003-08-25 10:16:33 EDT GMT-04:00 Error encountered while starting deployment iwodclient_90431682
Error: DEPLOY_CONFIG_FILE., Got Exception: null
od.log shows ONLY:
Parsing command line.
Reading configuration:
File "C:\Interwoven\OpenDeployNG\etc\deploy.cfg".
Getting locator.
Starting services:
Starting service "Deploy":
Creating service "Deploy". [Interface version: "-0.0"]
Registering service "Deploy" as "IWDeployService".
OpenDeploy server host: localhost, RMI registry port: 9173
API: 2003-08-25 09:19:22 EDT GMT-04:00 Version: 5.5.1 Build 8687 REL Interwoven 20020523
API: 2003-08-25 09:19:22 EDT GMT-04:00 Using time zone: Eastern Standard Time
API: 2003-08-25 09:19:22 EDT GMT-04:00 Using locale: en_US
API: 2003-08-25 09:19:22 EDT GMT-04:00 Using file encoding: Cp1252
API: 2003-08-25 09:19:22 EDT GMT-04:00 Using OpenDeploy home directory: C:\INTERW~1\OPENDE~1
API: 2003-08-25 09:19:22 EDT GMT-04:00 Using server config file specified in deploy.cfg: C:\INTERW~1\OPENDE~1\etc\odbase.xml
API: 2003-08-25 09:19:22 EDT GMT-04:00 Using server nodes config file specified in deploy.cfg: C:\INTERW~1\OPENDE~1\etc\odnodes.xml
API: 2003-08-25 09:19:22 EDT GMT-04:00 Using server log directory C:\Interwoven\OpenDeployNG\log specified in server config file.
API: 2003-08-25 09:19:22 EDT GMT-04:00 Using OpenDeploy Server log file C:\Interwoven\OpenDeployNG\log\sthep34_odbase.log.
API: 2003-08-25 09:19:23 EDT GMT-04:00 Start logging to server log.
Server initialized.
Adam Stoller
Can you post (as an attachment) the deployment configuration file, and include (in the body of the post) the exact command line used to invoke opendeploy?
It sounds like there must be something missing during the processing of the deployment configuration file (I'd like to see it attached so I can look at it as it actually exists in the file, as opposed to a copy/paste).
Also, I'm a little concerned about the line:
Creating service "Deploy". [Interface version: "-0.0"]
but that might be a red-herring
--fish
(Interwoven Senior Technical Consultant)
Paul
I'm wondering if my installation of Java is hosed...
I tend to doubt it because if it were, then None of the workflow would work.
Adam Stoller
for those playing along from home - he had problems posting it, and sent it to me directly (not my preference as I don't always have time and you'll get better results putting information out to the forum)
The only thing I noticed specifically with a quick glance of the config file was that it was in DOS format, with
^M
's at the end of each line. I suggested removing those (either using a different editor, or perl, or whatever) and trying again.
--fish
(Interwoven Senior Technical Consultant)
ProfessorX
Check your definition name. I got the same error when my useDefinition was calling the wrong definition
(simple cut and paste mistake gets me everytime)
<definition name="ski_documents" >
<execDeploymentTask useDefinition="ski_jsp_content" downRev="" >
Error: Got Null
The Professor-
ThankYou.ssd
Bubas_IWOV
Hi all,
Personally i would go more by Fish sugestion, as it is a common error to save files in dos mode when you are working in unix systems.
Regards
Bruno
Paul
OK , OpenDeploy is running on an NT server. The config file is generated by a deployment script. I have tried saving that deployment script as DOS and as UNIX, the problem still persists. At the end of the day yesterday, I uninstalled and reinstalled openDeploy and still the problem exists. I have opened a case with Interwoven but am still interested in pursuing it here.
BTW we have upgraded TeamSite to 5.5.2. This is a change from the original post where we were running 5.5.1