Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Using data cube tables leads to error "There is no report design object available"
opa
<p>Hi,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I'm using Eclipse with BIRT 4.2.2, and I find a (for me) strange behavior which I cannot fix.</p>
<p>I created some simple reports with data cubes, displayed as tables. I tested them with the internal browser, they all worked fine. There are no special scripts inside, no parameters etc.</p>
<p>Then I published them to our server, and half of them are not working, I only receive the error message "There is no report design object available". Expanding this message leads to the following, maybe it helps:</p>
<pre class="_prettyXprint _lang-js">
org.eclipse.birt.report.exception.ViewerException: There is no report design object available.
at org.eclipse.birt.report.context.ViewerAttributeBean.__init(ViewerAttributeBean.java:226)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.context.BaseAttributeBean.init(BaseAttributeBean.java:233)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.context.ViewerAttributeBean.<init>(ViewerAttributeBean.java:118)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.context.BirtContext.__init(BirtContext.java:44)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.context.BaseContext.<init>(BaseContext.java:69)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.context.BirtContext.<init>(BirtContext.java:30)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.servlet.BirtEngineServlet.__getContext(BirtEngineServlet.java:76)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.servlet.BaseReportEngineServlet.doGet(BaseReportEngineServlet.java:163)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:617)
at org.apache.axis.transport.http.AxisServletBase.service(AxisServletBase.java:327)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:723)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.servlet.BaseReportEngineServlet.service(BaseReportEngineServlet.java:116)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:290)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.filter.ViewerFilter.doFilter(ViewerFilter.java:68)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
at com.ave.er.filters.SessionExpiredFilter.doFilter(SessionExpiredFilter.java:56)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
at com.ave.er.filters.CharsetFilter.doFilter(CharsetFilter.java:32)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:233)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:191)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:127)
at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:102)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:109)
at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:293)
at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:859)
at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http11Protocol.java:602)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.run(JIoEndpoint.java:489)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)
</pre>
<p>When I open and test the effected reports in Eclipse again, everything works well. When I delete the cubes tables (NOT the cubes itselves), and I upload the reports again to our server, the reports are working. And I have to delete all cube tables, not only one, so for me it looks like that there is a more general problem.</p>
<p>And again, only half of my reports are showing this behavior, the other are working fine, incl the data cube tables.</p>
<p>I really have no idea what's wrong, I'm using the same development environment, same Postgres database, etc, and I get two different behaviors.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Does anybody has an idea how to solve this?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks and best regards,</p>
<p>Jörg</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
There are no comments yet