Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Data Objects: One data set results as parameters to another data set
actuser9
<p>Hi,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I am using iHub3.1. As part of the data object, ss it possible to use the results of one data as parameter for another data set? If possible, can anyone please post a sample?</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Chad Montgomery
<p>I believe the best way to go about this is a joint data set. I'm not sure of your requirements, but hopefully this helps.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>The Customers data set is just a single row return that gets the SalesRepEmployeeNumber based on the CustomerNumber in the query. The Employees dataset just returns all of that table. The joint data set does an inner join on the SalesRepEmployeeNumber and the EmployeeNumber from the Customers/Employees data sets.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>The result is all rows that contain the SalesRepEmployeeNumber that was returned in the Customers data set.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Does this help?</p>
actuser9
<p>Thanks Chad!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I have the first data set with 9000 rows and second data set with 4million rows. I am using a left outer join and would not want all the 4million rows on second data set. I am looking a way to get the a column from first data set to be a parameter for the second data set in data objects. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>I have done this before in the report but not sure if data objects has this flexibility. Please advise.</p>