Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Using a .data file within a datadesign file
actuser9
<p>Hello BIRT Gurus,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I am using iHub3.1.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I have an original sandbox which pulls a ton of information on a weekly basis. I want to use this .data as part of the second data object since I do not want to run the same query and just want to use the results to combine with the data set in the new sandbox.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I was able to create a second data object using the .data file of first data object and could run locally in BIRT Designer and also could generate the output .data file for second data object. The issue is I not able to see the data sets/cubes when the second data object .data file is selected. I am able to see the data sets/cubes when the second data object .data file is imported into the BIRT Designer.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Does any one know what might be causing this issue? Appreciate any insights.</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
micajblock
<p>Could it be a relative file location issue? Also why are you using Data Cubes. Data Models are preferred. </p>
actuser9
<p>Hello Mica, </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thank you! I could verify that the relative location seems ok. If possible, can you please let me know if the issue does not happen on your end?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>The version 3.1 allows inner join only in the data model and since I have to use the outer join, I have to go with data objects.</p>
micajblock
<p>Hello <span style="color:rgb(90,90,90);font-family:'Source Sans Pro', sans-serif;background-color:rgb(252,252,252);">Udaya,</span></p>
<p><span style="color:rgb(90,90,90);font-family:'Source Sans Pro', sans-serif;background-color:rgb(252,252,252);">I do not currently have the cycles to try and reproduce this, so I am not sure if it works on my end. Would you be able to build a similar example using Classic Models. </span></p>
<p> </p>
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="actuser9" data-cid="144630" data-time="1468809645">
<div>
<p><span style="font-size:12px;">The version 3.1 allows inner join only in the data model and since I have to use the outer join, I have to go with data objects.</span></p>
</div>
</blockquote>
<p>I do not understand this statement, Is this the answer to why you are using Data Cubes instead of Data Models?</p>
actuser9
<p>Yes Mica. That's the answer to why we are using data cubes.</p>
micajblock
<p>Use join data sets and data models or create a data set with the join on database.</p>
actuser9
Ok, thank you Mica.