Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
multiple deployments
System
Hi folks,
i'd like to know what's really the interaction between multiple deployments .Let's imagine the following config file
<deployment name="multi" options="transactional" >
<exec-deployment use="intranet_deptInfo" />
<exec-deployment use="intranet_weather" />
<exec-deployment use="internet_careers" />
<exec-deployment use="internet_auction" />
<exec-deployment use="internet_pr" />
<exec-deployment use="internet_book" />
<exec-deployment use="internet_medical" />
<exec-deployment use="internet_periodic" />
<exec-deployment use="internet_yacht" />
<exec-deployment use="teamsite_metadata" />
</deployment>
if internet_yacht fails will teamsite_metadata deployment be done ?
More generally if we have a deployment into database A
and then a deployment B initieted through a script i'd like to know how to rollback A if B fails
many thanks
cheers
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
Its essentially one single transaction. If you are using different databases in each deployment a failure in one of the deployments will cause rollback of all deployments.
bboyle
Where does
options="transactional"
come from?
The DTD lists "name" as the only attribute allowed on the "deployment" element. Am I missing something obvious?
lhdavis
I think it should be <deployment name="multi" transactional="yes">
Luke Davis
Open Technology Group, Inc.
luke.davis@med.va.gov
bboyle
that's for OpenDeploy. I think we're talking about datadeploy here. At least, I think *I* was talking about datadeploy ...
lhdavis
You are correct. Should have read a little more closely.
And I agree that I do not see an
options="transactional"
attribute listed for the "deployment" element. At least not in DataDeploy 5.6.
Luke Davis
Open Technology Group, Inc.
luke.davis@med.va.gov
Migrateduser
Hi.
By def, all the OD deployements are transactional.
Try with <deployment name="multi" transactional="no">
it should work, but real scenerio, must be transactional.
Rishi Gupta
Interwoven Teamsite consultant
Geneva Switzerland
Adam Stoller
r_g - sorry to say this but ... you're wrong. The default of OpenDeploy deployments is NOT-transactional You only need to specify the transactional attribute if you want to *enable* it.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
Migrateduser
DataDeploy is transactional by default. Those two deployments will be happening in one transaction.
<deployment name="Education">
<exec-deployment use="PUTfilelist_Education"/>
<exec-deployment use="PUTfilelist_EdInfo"/>
</deployment>
bboyle
Thanks, that's what I needed to know.
DataDeploy
is transactional by default, there is no such thing as
options="transactional"
.
OpenDeploy
is not transactional by default, it has to be enabled (as shown in previous posts).