Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Avoid cells merged because of repeating value using Crosstab
viky4frnds
<p>Hi,</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p>I have a requirement in Cross tab BIRT Report. Need to repeat the columns in Cross tab.For example, I am getting the report in attached format(result1.JPG).</p>
<p> </p>
<p>But I want to display the report in attached format(Expected_Format.JPG):</p>
<p> </p>
<p>In the above example, student id is repeating. How can i make the column repeated in BIRT using Cross tab.I have generated report in xlsx format.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I have attached the csv sample data and layout. Kindly help me to solve this issue.</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
pricher
<p>Hi,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>You can create in your data set a computed column that concatenates the 3 fields Student_ID, Student_Name and Grade, such as:</p>
<pre class="_prettyXprint _lang-">
row["Student_ID"] + "|" + row["Student_Name"] + "|" + row["GRADE"]
</pre>
<p>Then in the data cube you create a new group based on that column. This will become the column you group on in the crosstab.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>To show the Student ID, Student Name and Grade in their respective column in the crosstab, add 3 data bindings to the crosstab that are based on the new group column. For example, to get Student ID, you can use the following expression in the data binding:</p>
<pre class="_prettyXprint _lang-">
var a = data["GroupColumn"].split("|")
a[0]
</pre>
<p>Student Name and Grade will be the 2nd and 3rd element of the array.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Add a 3-column grid in the crosstab below the group column. In each cell, add a data item for Student ID, Student name and Grade. Finally, hide the group column by setting its Visibility property to false.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I have attached a sample report based on your original report.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Hope this helps,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>P.</p>