Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Page Break Error in PDF
Fritz
<p>Hi everybody,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I'm having problems with the page breaking. BIRT appears to put too much content on a single page which then extends to the second page.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I made a report with a size of three pages in the HTML output. But the PDF export then is five pages. The Word export works. Both the PDF and Word are attached.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Is there a workaround for this problem?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Will this be fixed?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Regards</p>
<p>Fritz</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Edit:</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I have attached a report design and the required data.xml.</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
harik
<p>Hi Fritz, Can you share your sample rpt.So that i will try in my machine. Did you try by giving page break limit mentioned in attachment?</p>
micajblock
<p>Are you using Auto Layout or Fixed Layout? Do you have page breaks set in the report itself?</p>
Fritz
<p>Hi,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I have attached a report design and the required data.xml.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>It works better with page break interval 20 but that's not what I want to achieve.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>And I am using fixed layout and haven't set any page breaks.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I tried auto layout. The result is mostly the same just the page numbers are correct.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Regards</p>
<p>Fritz</p>
jfranken
<p>The margin on "Order items" in the header is causing the issue with the page break. You have a top margin of 20 points and a bottom margin of 10 points. If you reduce the margin to a total of 20 points or less it will page break properly (tested in 4.5). Otherwise you'll need to reduce the rows per page break or make other modifications.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Regards,</p>
<p>Jeff </p>
micajblock
<p>Just a few notes on your initial design.</p>
<ol><li>Is there a reason why you are using a list instead of a table. Tables would be much more appropriate for this type of content.</li>
<li>If you do use a table you can set Page Break Interval to 0 and then it will break when it needs to based on the format.</li>
<li>Instead of formatting the string to a number in the report in the data set change the data type in the data set's output columns tab.</li>
<li>The date data coming in cannot be converted directly to a date. I would recommend creating a computed field to create a column of date type. That way it can be formatted easily.</li>
</ol>
Fritz
<p>Hey,</p>
<p>thanks for your answers.</p>
<p>Reducing the margin fixed the problem. But it occured again when I increased the header height.</p>
<p>Anyway it works with a table.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thank you</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Regards</p>