Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Adding custom buttons in BIRT
sanisaif
<p>I want to add custom buttons in BIRT report designer like Save, Open that have custom functionality.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>How can I add these extensions?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks!</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
jfranken
<p>For web output, you can add a Text element to the report. Change the type of the Text element to HTML in the top dropdown. Add a <button> tag and then write JavaScript or jQuery code to execute your custom functionality when the button is clicked.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Regards,</p>
<p>Jeff</p>
sanisaif
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="jfranken" data-cid="144970" data-time="1471551206">
<div>
<p>For web output, you can add a Text element to the report. Change the type of the Text element to HTML in the top dropdown. Add a <button> tag and then write JavaScript or jQuery code to execute your custom functionality when the button is clicked.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Regards,</p>
<p>Jeff</p>
</div>
</blockquote>
<p>Thanks, Jeff! But I want to add a button in BIRT designer not the report. I want to call my custom Save function when I click this button.</p>
jfranken
<p>I automatically added "on a report" when I read your post. Sorry about that. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>I'm more familiar with the question I answered than the question you actually asked. In the Run menu there's an Eternal Tools command. I believe that is where you add functionality like you are describing but I haven't had a chance to try it yet.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Regards,</p>
<p>Jeff</p>
sanisaif
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="jfranken" data-cid="144975" data-time="1471556722">
<div>
<p>I automatically added "on a report" when I read your post. Sorry about that. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>I'm more familiar with the question I answered than the question you actually asked. In the Run menu there's an Eternal Tools command. I believe that is where you add functionality like you are describing but I haven't had a chance to try it yet.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Regards,</p>
<p>Jeff</p>
</div>
</blockquote>
<p>Thanks, Jeff! But can I attach a Java program to the external tool.</p>