Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Subtract two aggregates from two different tables(two different datasets)
Louis Walkenshaw
<p>Hi forum,</p>
<p>I am currently designing a report in eclipse(birt,Eclipse BIRT Designer Version 4.4.2.v201410272105) but i am faced with a challenge, I have two tables in a grid and i need to subtract their totals from one another, I have tried global variables but they do not seem to work in the onCreate script of my aggregate.</p>
<p>I have tried checking other forums for similar issues but I cannot seem to find a solution, any help will be greatly appreciated.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Kind Regards</p>
<p>Louis</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
jfranken
<p>Hi Louis,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>One option is to create a joint data set containing both of the data sets. Go to the "Binding" tab for the grid and choose the joint data set. All of the data will be available in the grid and you will be able to create an aggregate based on data from both tables.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Regards,</p>
<p>Jeff</p>
micajblock
<p>or use variables. See attached example.</p>